“Carly, Thank you so much for all you did to make our wedding day so special! Our family and friends loved hearing our story and some of the intimate details and insights shared during our unique and beautiful ceremony!”
– Melissa & Maizer – married at Quinta da Murta in Bucelas, Portugal on the 10th of April 2019
Includes all of the following:
- Face-to-face (usually via the net) no obligation introduction meeting with your potential celebrant – so you can make sure you like us!
- All and unlimited communications (Skype, telephone, and emails) necessary to create the ceremony
- All of our creativity, excitement, and experience to create your ceremony – while you will work with only one celebrant, there is a whole team here to support them
- A friend to help you understand all of your wedding ceremony options – really we are only limited by our imaginations
- Production of original and customized wedding ceremony that will be just as awesome and as fun as you are
- Unlimited edits and revisions of your ceremony – we want you to adore every word
- Total and utter control of the final version of your ceremony – we only like surprises, if you do
- A virtual rehearsal the week prior to your wedding day to ensure all the day of details are clear
- A team of “back-up” celebrants so you don’t have to stress in case there is an emergency – it has never happened, but we like to be prepared
- Guarantee that your celebrant has no other wedding on your big day
- Arrival 45 minutes before your wedding ceremony start time – so we have time to coordinate with your DJ/musicians, photographer and videographer
- Performance of your ceremony that you and your guests will be talking about for years to come – so good we just may make you cry
- All associated travel costs and up to 1 night stay in location – additional nights will incur costs
- An offsetting of the carbon impact of our travel by donating to support reforestation in Uganda & Nicaragua (via MyClimate.org)
- Free access to our video courses on how to write your wedding vows and wedding speech – helpful and easy to follow, these courses take the stress out of at least two parts of your wedding day
Fee: €560 + travel expenses*
*Travel expenses are calculated based on the distance of your celebrant to your ceremony location.
+If a booking is made less than 4 weeks before the wedding date, an additional fee of €50 is added to the price.
About our ceremonies
Don’t think for a moment that this has be to a stuffy white wedding. Instead, your ceremony can be exactly as you want it. Whether the bride walks down the aisle to a symphonic version of the theme to Jurassic Park (actually happened and it was beautiful!) or you want your two year old niece coaxed down the aisle with the rings or you are looking to create your own experience, we are excited to work with you to make it happen!
We know there is a lot of pressure to conform to the expectations of others. We don’t believe in that. We are here to make you, the couple that is marrying, happy. Your ceremony can be religious, spiritual, or secular. Your ceremony can be a private elopement or we can involve all 128 of your guests. Your ceremony can be serious and reflect the importance of the decision you are making or it can be funny to the point your sides hurt from laughing so hard. We adapt our style to you. If it makes you happy, we are happy to conduct your ceremony the way you wish.
Types of ceremonies
Our team conducts various types of ceremonies depending on the needs of the couple:
- Symbolic wedding ceremonies
- Heterosexual wedding ceremonies
- Same sex wedding ceremonies
- Gender non-conforming wedding ceremonies
- Vow renewal ceremonies
- Multilingual wedding ceremonies
- Multicultural wedding ceremonies
- Multireligion wedding ceremonies
- Baby naming ceremonies
- Divorce/Separation ceremonies
*Please note that we do not preform legal wedding ceremonies. If this is your wish, you will need to be in contact with your Embassy and a “conservador” (lawyer) or priest, as those are the only legal ways to marry in Portugal.
We are available to travel throughout Portugal. Our wedding celebrants are based all over Portugal. Thus, we are available for weddings in the North of Portugal in the beautiful Douro Valley, in our stunning capital, Lisbon, and all the way down to the sun-drenched Algarve. We are also available for weddings in other European counties and have previous experience in Italy, Spain, Croatia, and Holland.
How we work
- Initial contact: This is your job! If you like what you see head over to our contact page and fill in the contact form. Alternatively email us at Hello@WeddingCelebrantPT.com
- Meet & Greet: After receiving your contact your celebrant will arrange a Skype call to say hello, introduce herself, explain the process and answer any initial questions you have.
- Securing Service: This includes signing a contract and paying the deposit, which secures your celebrant’s services for your wedding date.
- The Juicy Bits: This is the Skype call where we dive into the fun part! We take our time in getting to know each person in the couple and hearing your whole story as a couple. We also will ask you about the logistics and details of the ceremony to understand what will best reflect you. We have lots of ideas and inspiration and like to act as a resource for you. Remember we are here for you! From there we strive to understand the ceremony requirements of the couple, which include, but are not limited to:
- Language needs
- Cultural traditions
- Symbolic rituals
- And anything else you wish to include!
- Magical Creative Process: We take everything that you have told us and we create a bespoke wedding ceremony that is totally unique to you! We then share the first draft with you and start taking on your feedback during this editing process to hone the script so that it is perfect for you. We will go back and forth as many times as we need to to make sure you are happy with every detail.
- The Big Day: Your wedding celebrant arrives 1 hour before the ceremony with a big bright smile, ready to deliver your especially crafted wedding ceremony.